My Decision to Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Deciding to Blog

It’s a gorgeous fall day and it promises to be a good one as I am starting it out with a coffee date with one of my favorite people – Lori. She is a very dear friend of mine whom I don’t spend nearly enough time with – and I am cherishing the thought of being in her delightful company.

As I pull up to the meeting place my heart beats a little faster as I catch a glimpse of my buddy sitting at a table on the patio – she’s here!!!

As the conversation progressed from our husbands, to our children, and our funny little stories of life – an amazing thing happens.

Let me back up a bit. Lori is the Queen of Blogging and does it professionally. She has been published in parenting magazines – been given national recognition for her blogs, and even co-authored a book! Needless to say – writing is her gift and her passion. And although I know that blogging is the new wave and that it is easier to jump on a wave sooner than later…. I have really been holding back on this endeavor.

My fear of not being a good enough writer and of not having things to share that others would want to read about held me back from just giving myself permission to just jump in and give it a try. It doesn’t have to be a masterpiece….just write!

Lori was the one that inspired me and gave me the confidence to approach that wave. As she so sweetly put it, “Paulette – you have been amusing and entertaining me with stories of your clients – and the day to day things a realtor has to deal with…..why don’t you just write about that? “


Seriously? That is so simple and, not quite so scary. Uncanny how often inspiration comes from outside myself and from others who say the things that are exactly what I need to hear....

So - that is what this blog site is to be about – what it is like to be a Realtor. Get ready – it is the most wonderful profession in the world and I am about to let you in on why. Enjoy…..

1 comment:

  1. The stories are with you, Grasshoppah!

    I so enjoy hearing about your house-finding tales. And I know from personal experience that you are a FANTASTIC Denver-area Realtor. Selling and buying just the right homes one of your gifts.

    As is storytelling.

    ReplyDelete